Monday, June 7, 2010

WRITING ON MY WALL

CredoWriters: Wakdok, Samuel Stephen.





Ø It has been eleven years since I started cleaning the dirt on my wall. I am cleaning my wall to erase all the old writings that dotted the wall over a period of thirty nine years. Hard as I clean, I am not making the desired progress I ought to. Could it be that the old writings on my wall have so stuck that no amount of cleaning will wipe them away, or is it that I clean slower than the writings that keep cropping?



Ø I need to have a clean wall; I need space on my wall to write quality health, affordable and decent accommodation, controlled inflation, optimal employment level, macro economic stability, good and motor able roads, and security. I need more space to write child care and protection, credible electoral process, stable power supply, adequate water supply, alternative revenue generation, refined petroleum products, religious harmony, youth and women empowerment.



Ø If I can clean all the previous rusty and dirty writings I will be able to write more of qualitative education, transparency and accountability, civil liberties, rule of law, dignity of human hood, national pride, agricultural revolution, balance of payments equilibrium, sound judicial and legal system. If I do not wipe my wall fast and clean enough how can I guarantee constitutional reforms and fundamental human rights? I need enough space to write on my wall. But the old writings clean slower and the most antagonizing is the little I clean, the more the old writings spring up. I still see rape after cleaning for eleven years, someone wrote poverty after all my efforts of cleaning this long. An enemy wrote religious crisis and genocide, robbery and rituals, women and child trafficking. How fast can I clean my wall when as I clean the fifth columnists write the old ways faster than I?



Ø It has been eleven years of cleaning my wall, do not write on my wall to enable me finish. If you must write, please do not write drug abuse, cultism, child marriage, exponential inflation of contracts. Please do not write exam malpractices, election rigging, advance fee fraud, money laundering. Help save my wall by not writing kidnapping, oil spillage, gas flaring, fuel scarcity . Do not bring the word discrimination on my wall neither should you bring hunger again to my wall nor bribery and corruption. I have been cleaning my wall for the past eleven years after it was messed up in the previous thirty nine years. I am about spending fifty years with a wall that I can not be proud of .Kindly spare me the troubles and pains of abortion, infant and mother mortality, mass illiteracy exam failure, prostitution, violence against women and children or slavery.



Ø I am so exhausted from eleven years of cleaning and writing on my wall. Give me some water and food, I need light to work all night and meet my target. Give me space to clean and write on my wall. If you must write on my wall do not write any of those words I am cleaning. Write prosperity, write self sufficiency, write development, write peace, write hope, write genuine DEMOCRACY! Eleven years of writing on my wall; I want the world to see the results and not excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment