Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Agony of a Baking Powder

CredoWriters:Wakdok,Samuel Stephen.


Once upon a time, I was non-existent; I was happy where I was because I was no where.

I had nothing to fret and worry about. I could wake and sleep at will and travel everywhere at anytime.

I was really a free being because I was not even in being.

The baker and the flour had an affair and they decided to start baking.

Good, homemade bread tasted so sweet and people rushed to buy and eat.

The increase in demand led to a surge in production.

The profits were coming and so was the market expanding.

At the rate the flour was been used to bake the bread, the baker knew it would run out of fashion and it was going to cost him more to sustain the rapid purchase of flour to keep the bakery at optimal point.

They introduced the production possibility curve concept and baptized it as Isoquant. But something was missing. For the curve not to obey diminishing returns they needed more dough with less flour.

From my wilderness of freedom they cajoled me into the baking process and called me a baking powder.

Little amount of flour combined with Sammybest gives more dough for higher loaves of bread.

The market kept booming, the people ate enough and the baker smiled home with more silver.

I bear the mixing, endure the heat and undergo the transformation.

I see how my captivity aids a small portion of flour give birth to many loaves for the accomplished baker.

I am mostly locked in a tin or tied in nylon without light or air, when I am brought out it is not to get some fresh air but to be added to the dough and sent into the heat.

Like an animal fat I get heated and evaporated, at the end of the process everyone sees the bread and the coal but no one remembers me because I have gone

But since I am just some powder and I have no mouth to eat the bread, I must now wait for miracle.

Now I fret at my existence because I was happier when I did not exist.

Their avarice is my agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment